Melody II Water Ionizer
The Melody II Alkaline Water Ionizer
The Global Market Leader for Over 10 Years Has Just Been Improved!
· Dual Filtration creating clean, fresh, alkaline water
· Automatic DARC Cleaning
· Stronger Acid and Alkaline Water Performance
· Improved Reliability
The New Melody II:
· Dual-filtration system Don’t buy an expensive single filter system or one with cheap Vitamin C or carbon filters. The Melody II / Athena H2offers you the protection of dual filtration to give you healthy water and peace of mind!
· Performance Designed specifically for optimal filtration, pH and ORP performance in drinking water, the Melody II will outperform other ionizers in this price range. It also will produce excellent acidic water for topical uses.
· Fully Automatic DARC Cleaning System. Clean with every use Keeping your plates clean is essential to getting great H2 We pioneered lasting performance with our DARC cleaning. The Melody II continues that tradition, giving you the convenience of never having to think about cleaning or wait for a cleaning cycle. Ultimate insurance.
· Real-time Flow Control System Optimal flow rate is also critical in achieving optimal hydrogen performance. The Melody II’s Real-time Flow Control System provides you an LCD display and a selectable valve that allows you to set easy and precise control of your flow rate – every time you use it.
· Top Certifications Our 13 years in business means you can trust the Melody II, AlkaViva and our manufacturing!
See how easy the Melody II is to install at https://vimeo.com/150283299
|Cleaning||· Automatic DARC Cleaning System (no servicing required)|
|Replacement Filters||· 2 x Cartridge (inc UltraWater) See our Replacement Filter Guide|
|Power Supply||· Next Generation SMPS|
|Dimensions||· 32 x 37 x 14cm (WxDxH)|
|Weight||· 5.8 kgs|
|Electrolysis Method||· Continuous|
|Electrodes||· 5 SmartDesign Platinum/Titanium|
|Settings||· 5 Levels x Alkaline Water, Purified Water, 2 Levels x Acidic Water|
|Green Product||· Eliminate plastic waste in filter replacement and plastic bottles|
|Filter Life||· 3800+ litres (10-14 months typical usage)|
|Display||· Full Touch Screen|
|Retains essential minerals||· Calcium, magnesium, potassium|
|Great Tasting Water||· No residue exchange media|
|Connection||· Comes with all necessary tap diverter and tubing|
Power Use: 75W
Water Pressure Available: 15~90 psi
Tap Water Temperature Available: 4 ~ 30 C
Protection Devices: 2 built-in temperature sensors
Voice Recognition: Yes
Display: Negative LCD
ON/OFF Valve Method:Real-time Flow Control System
INDEPENDENT TEST RESULTS
Only AlkaViva has the confidence to test their water filters using an independent US EPA-Certified lab to ensure you are drinking not only alkaline water but clean and purified water with the best contaminant removal available. See the results here.
· CHLORINE, CHLORAMINES & FREE CHLORINE
· NITRATE, NITRITE
· ALUMINUM, ANTIMONY, ARSENIC, BARIUM, BERYLLIUM, BORON, CADMIUM, CHROMIUM, CHROMIUM, COPPER
· IRON LEAD MANGANESE, DISINFECTANTS AND OTHER ANIONS
· *NOTE TEST RESULTS ARE DEPENDANT ON THE PRODUCT
Based on 3 reviews Write a review
Melanie on Dec 10, 2018
Thank you to Alkaviva for the great recommendation based on my needs, budget and requirements. Myself and family absolutely love this water ioniser and can’t live without it! Water has never been so enjoyable to drink 🙂
Thanks Melanie – we are glad you love the unit as much as we do!
Oleg Savelyev on Jun 18, 2016
Recently bought and installed Melody II. Drilled whole in granite bench to feed tube under sink from T – piece, going straight to Ionizer. It is invisible from the counter as it goes straight under Ionizer. Works great! No waste! We use acidic water for plants and cleaning. Our shower door never looked so sparkling now! Also I treat my nails as all treatment failed to kill fungus. Brilliant! Thanks so much Alkaviva for support!
Debbie on Jun 11, 2016
AM LOVING THE MELODY
I am loving the new Melody II, thankyou so much for your guidance on this. Your service is fantastic
MELODY II FAQ’s
How long will the filters last in my Melody ll?
Filter life always depends on input water quality. The more unwanted stuff in the water, the harder the filter has to work. Generally the AlkaViva Melody ll filters will last a year – depending, as always, on the source water circumstances i.e. too alkaline, too acidic or hard water/calcium. Our one year recommendation is based upon a family of 4, who use about 2 litres each a day (8 glasses) for drinking. If you use less, your filter may last longer or contact us for some suggested pre-filter options.
In any case your AlkaViva Melody ll is ‘so intelligent’ that it will indicate to you when the filters need changing. So no need to worry!
Which are the correct replacement filters for my AlkaViva Melody ll?
Melody H2 series alkaline water ionizers filters
· BTM-105D and BTM-105U
Purchase both replacement filters at the same time for a reduced price! BUY NOW!
How affordable is the AlkaViva Melody ll and what does it offer me?
Our affordable, 5-plate water ionizer, offers state-of-the-art dual water filtration plus all the latest features including DARC and cutting-edge Hydrogen Infusion Technology! The 5 plate Melody ll has been updated with a next generation SMPS power supply, AutoAdjust and DARC cleaning. It performs especially well in – ORP at lower drinkable levels of pH. You get the new performance standard along with the same solid reliability, all beautifully packaged in an updated and more attractive design. Everything that made it so trusted and popular before is now vastly improved. Step up to the new leader in lower-priced category: the Melody ll.
How many filters dose the AlkaViva Melody ll have and how good are they?
Premium 13-stage dual-filtration. Don’t buy an expensive single filter system or one with only simple carbon or vitamin C filters. The Melody ll’s 13 stages of cutting edge filtration give you healthy water that is pristine clean!
Filter test results >>> Here
So how many electrodes dose the AlkaViva Melody ll have and what is different about them than others?
Five Advanced SmartDesign Electrodes. We do not believe in over-sized or over-powered electrodes, which are often a sign of inefficient design. They degrade faster and have questionable effect in performance. Our SmartDesign Electrodes are engineered to deliver top performance, absolute reliability and to run with maximum efficiency and lasting durability. The Melody ll gives you five highly engineered SmartDesign Electrodes, the right amount of power to run them, a good flow rate and reliable performance.
What is the AlkaViva DARC cleaning system?
Fully Automatic DARC Cleaning System. Clean with every use. Keeping your plates clean is essential to getting great performance. We pioneered lasting performance with our DARC cleaning. The Melody II continues that tradition, giving you the convenience of never having to think about cleaning or wait for a cleaning cycle. Ultimate insurance!
What is the AlkaViva real-time flow control system about?
Real-time Flow Control System. Optimal flow rate is also critical in achieving optimal hydrogen performance. The Melody ll’s Real-time Flow Control System provides you an LCD display and a selectable valve that allows you to set easy and precise control of your flow rate – every time you use it.
Does the AlkaViva Melody ll have any certifications?
Top Certifications. Our combined over 30 years in business means you can trust the Melody ll, AlkaViva and our manufacturing!
What does my Melody ll come with?
· pH test kit (liquid reagent and a pH colour chart) to make sure you are drinking at your ideal level
· Beautiful manual that was written by the folks at AlkaViva and is a fantastic resource
· an inline sediment filter
· all installation accessories
What are the Technical Specifications of the AlkaViva Melody ll?
|Rate Voltage:||120V / 60Hz|
|Power Supply:||Next Generation SMPS with AutoAdjust|
|Dimensions:||12.5” x 14.5” x 5.5” (WxHxD)|
|Weight:||12.75 lbs (14.75 Shipped Weight)|
|Water Pressure Available:||15~90 psi|
|Tap Water Temperature Available:||40 ~ 86F|
|Protection Devices:||2 built-in temperature sensors|
|Electrodes:||5 SmartDesign Platinum / Titanium|
|Generating Capacity:||Standard (1.5L/min. at 28psi), Max (3.5L/min. at 90psi)|
|Setting:||Alkaline Water (5 Levels), Purified Water, Acidic Water (2 Levels)|
|Cleaning:||DARC Cleaning System – Dual Automatic Reverse Cleaning|
|Filter Replacement:||Cartridge Type (2 Filters)|
|Filter Life:||1,000 gallons or 3785.41liters|
|Display Control:||Full Touch Screen (Letter and Image)|
|ON/OFF Valve Method:||Real-time Flow Control System|
How many water settings dose the AlkaViva Melody ll have?
The AlkaViva Melody ll has eight (8) different water settings.
What do the buttons of the AlkaViva Melody ll consist of and what do they do?
The AlkaViva Melody ll utilises five (5) buttons for alkaline setting preferences ranging from 1 through to 5. There are also two (2) buttons for acidic preference and a single (1) button for crystal clear purified water.
Can I adjust the pH of the Melody ll water?
All of the settings of AlkaViva Melody ll water can be controlled by flow rate to further adjust pH. We recommend a flow rate between low settings to high setting for the best performance. If you want a lower pH, simply decrease the flow rate. The AlkaViva Melody ll manual flow control valve, precisely regulates the flow rate, meaning you have no need to adjust the faucet’s flow rate. Just turn the tap on and regulate pH within as required.
How well does the AlkaViva Melody ll improve pH?
The AlkaViva Melody ll, pH performance is directly related to the input water. Always remember that tap water varies from suburb to suburb. The AlkaViva Melody ll performs superbly in all fresh water types supplied by government regulated facilities. AlkaViva Melody ll will consistently produce water ranging from 7.5- <11. The bottom line; more acidic input water will have a lower pH, more alkaline input water will have a higher pH but both may be adjusted using the flow control valve. AlkaViva Melody ll also re-infuses input water with healthier levels and proportions of alkaline minerals (as well as ionizing the water). We’ve used our decades of filter experience to ensure the life of the filter, so you have excellent purity and performance from start to finish. Those who utilize bore water here in Australia, should also expect great performance. Very often, bore water starts a bit above 7.0 and this can also translate to higher pH outputs from your AlkaViva Melody ll.
So how do I benefit with AlkaViva Melody ll settings?
· ALKALINE 5 – Highest Alkaline setting capable of producing pH.11 with a stable range of approximately pH.9.5 – 10.5 This AlkaViva Melody ll setting is virtuous for food disinfecting, certain pesticide cleaning/ washing of fresh produce and cleaning dishes, streak free glasses etc.
· ALKALINE 4 – A high alkaline water consisting of a pH.9 – 10. This AlkaViva Melody ll setting can be used in all types of cooking for a much more rapid cooking rate. Cooks fresh produce without removing natural flavours, vitamins and minerals. This pH. range is key to the secret of the best tasting tea and coffee making in the world, just try it for yourself!
· ALKALINE 3 – A great low alkaline water consisting of a ph. range of 8 – 9.5 This AlkaViva Melody ll setting that rapidly improves chronic health issues and great for fatigue and tiredness. This definitely is a cell rejuvenating 1st choice setting!
· ALKALINE 2 – A great low alkaline water consisting of a ph. range of 7.5– 8.5 This AlkaViva Melody ll setting which is great for every day drinking with excellent cell hydration particularly when doing sport.
· ALKALINE 1 – A great low alkaline water consisting of a pH.7 – 8 This AlkaViva Melody ll setting is specifically good for daily drinking water and digestive track.
· PURIFY – Immerse yourself in crystal clear pure best of the best clean filtered drinking water. This AlkaViva Melody ll setting amongst other uses, is fantastic for making baby formulas and food purees, it is also most suitable for taking medicines.
· ACID 2 – This is the much lower end of the acidic water scale with a pH. range of approximately pH.3.5 – 5.5. This AlkaViva Melody ll setting assists in washing up, sterilising, disinfecting and great for cleaning fruit and veg of pesticides etc.
· ACID 1 – This is a weak acidic water range with a pH. range of approximately pH.5.0 – 6.5. This AlkaViva Melody ll setting can aid in firming beautifully healthy skin. Human skin pH. positions its self within this pH. range naturally.
Can the AlkaViva Melody ll remove fluoride?
Yes! Through lengthy research and development the AlkaViva Melody ll uses the world’s best activated alumina media, removing 87% of fluoride throughout the life of the filter. If you want to ensure your water is 100% fluoride free we recommend a fluoride pre-filter in tandem with our AlkaViva Melody ll unit, which specifically does the single job of removing fluoride.
What other contaminants does the AlkaViva Melody ll remove?
· Heavy metals
· & so much more
How do I install the AlkaViva Melody ll?
There are 2 ways to install the AlkaViva Melody ll
1. Countertop– For this connection to work, the faucet has to be “normal”. Normal means the tap doesn’t convert to a shower spray, pull out or have a non-standard head. You’ll utilize a diverter valve to control the water flow. When the slider of the diverter valve is pushed one way, it will flow from the tap as normal. When you push it the other way, the water will be sent to the AlkaViva Melody ll.
2. Under sink– The next option is for those who either have an upgraded faucet with multiple uses or who just don’t want the attention-grabbing AlkaViva Melody ll on the counter. For you, we have an under sink option available which includes all the connecting pieces and a separate dedicated faucet to drink from. Installation doesn’t require a plumber, but if you’d feel more comfortable using one, go ahead. As usual, we’ve sourced the specially designed faucet from the best water filter engineer in the US, so there’s no need to worry about lead. Please note that we cannot be responsible for the efficacy of your under sink installation.
Here is the manual you need to complete the installation: Under sink Install Instructions
Can I connect the AlkaViva Melody ll to my existing Reverse Osmosis?
Yes, the AlkaViva Melody ll can be connected in series with an RO system. It will add powerful alkalizing and ionizing abilities to your acidic and aggressive RO water. You could also remove the RO system completely and replace with the AlkaViva Melody ll.
How long is the AlkaViva Melody ll warranty?
The warranty for the AlkaViva Melody ll is five (5) years for parts and labour under normal use when you register your warranty on the AlkaViva website. Warranty does NOT cover replacement cartridges as there are too many variables in source water. AlkaViva dose create the Melody ll to have a life span of <15years
Will my AlkaViva Melody ll be out of date in a year or so?
When you change your filters, you get brand new ones, which will incorporate any updated technology AlkaViva R&D department has implemented. There for you will always be up to date with the very latest technology year to year.
How important is the water I supply (source water) to my AlkaViva Melody ll?
Performance levels are significantly impacted by source water – whether you are talking about H2 or pH and ORP. If you test any ionizer using hard water with elevated levels of TDS and alkaline minerals, it will always give its best level of performance. Conversely, if you test the exact same ionizer on soft water it will always give less performance. When discussing water quality it is also important to note that water quality changes throughout the year in most locations, which can cause different test results. Any performance comparison is invalid unless the exact same source water is used.
Is it better to have a fast or slow rate of water?
AlkaViva Melody ll Ionizer’s flow rate will affect performance. All things being equal, an ionizer with a slower flow rate will produce more performance. You can also slow the flow on an ionizer and achieve higher performance. Slowing the flow will also typically raise ph. Our Melody ll offers the convenience of an excellent flow rate and on-board flow control valves and a real time flow meter display which helps you achieve the perfect balance between the flow rate and the hydrogen/ pH performance you want.
Is it important to clean the electrodes?
As with any water ioniser, to achieve optimal performance the electrodes must be kept clean. Therefore how well an ionizer’s cleaning system performs its function is critical. If you have hard water after your ionizer has formed scale on the electrodes, you will return lower performance results. The AlkaViva Melody ll includes our DARC cleaning which has a 9-year track record as the best cleaning system in the industry. We have always approached the power issue with the belief that if you have advanced electrode design and manufacturing, then apply the right amount of power, you’ll get efficiency and performance. Our H2 ionizers run 150 watts off peak power ensuring long plate life.
What makes the Melody ll better than other ioniser’s I’m researching, available in the market today?
All in all, the Melody ll is an exceptional performer in hard or soft water. What is better, is you can achieve excellent H2 results on lower alkaline settings and lower ph. Most ionizers will not produce any hydrogen water at lower power settings. All other features and benefits aside, we think the Melody ll is unique in our industry just for that reason. So as you can see, the AlkaViva Melody ll Ionizer produces excellent H2 / diatomic hydrogen/ hydrogen water in a wide range of water quality situations. From the tests you can see it can produce good H2 at lower, safer and better tasting pH levels. Engineered with DARC cleaning and a super-efficient plate/power combination ensuring our AlkaViva Melody ll water ionizers will keep high performance for longer than other ionizers.
Chart below depends on your water source